ICD-10 aftershocks: 5 ways to prepare for the inevitableICD-10 is all about balancing opportunity with risk, and no one should understand this better than a hospital’s CEO. This delicate balancing act certainly doesn’t end on October 1, 2015 — rather, it continues and requires constant monitoring and analysis. All hospital CEOs must strive to accomplish the following goals in the wake of ICD-10 implementation:
- Monitor the healthcare organization for stability.
- Communicate the connection between clinical documentation and quality patient care.
- Facilitate communication with community partners.
- Adjust growth strategies as opportunities arise.
- Explore new data specificity to create opportunities for growth and process improvement.