Here are some of the frequently asked questions about PracticeAdmin software and solutions. Remember if you have any questions, email us or call us at 844-269-4780, option 5.
Think you’re ready to get started with some of our products? Request a demo today to get started!
What do you offer?We offer software that includes full scheduling, billing (registration, claims and payments) and A/R capabilities as well as complementary solutions such as statement printing and appointment reminders. We can also create an interface with your existing EHR, or consult with you on choosing the right EHR for you. Return to Top of Page
Do you offer medical billing services?At PracticeAdmin we specialize in offering easy-to-use software. We love to work with medical billing companies, and therefore we do not offer billing services. We prefer to work with healthcare professionals, not against them. Return to Top of Page
How much does PracticeAdmin cost?We grow with you, so your rates will be competitive based on your size, and the Practice Admin service you choose. It also will depend on the customization we use to interface with your EHR. You may also opt for our own printing and mailing service – this comes with a cost that more than pays for itself in time and resources saved. We receive payments on a month to month basis. Return to Top of Page
What is the contractual obligation?Our contracts for medical practices start at 36 months for the best rate, and go down from there. For billing services, please contact us about our special medical billing company partner agreement. Return to Top of Page
Are there starting fees?There are set-up fees which include initial implementation and training. Return to Top of Page
Do I need to purchase new equipment?You don’t need to purchase new hardware to operate PracticeAdmin software. However, as with any software system, you need a great running PC. Our system requirements are listed below. If you have specific questions, you can ask us during the demo. Return to Top of Page
What are the System Requirements?
- Data: You’ll need a good internet connection with a minimum data transfer speed of 3 megabytes per second for downloading and uploading.
- OS: Microsoft Windows Vista SP2 or higher (prefer Microsoft Windows 7) (Microsoft Windows RT is not supported) (Apple Macintosh OSX is not supported)
- Software: Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or higher (prefer 10 or 11) Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- Hardware: 1 gigahertz (GHz) 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor 2 GB RAM for Vista 500 MB free on hard drive 1024 x 768 screen resolution minimum
What does SaaS mean?Stands for Software as a Service. It’s a method of software distribution whereby an application owned by a vendor is offered through a service provider via network connection. Return to Top of Page
We’re not near your location, are we still able to use PracticeAdmin?Definitely. SaaS also means that you can access all of your data and the PracticeAdmin platforms from any computer you’ve designated, as long as it’s hooked to the data network. Return to Top of Page
Who is responsible for data backup?PracticeAdmin is accessed from a remote cloud-based server containing all of your patient data. Your computer is simply the conduit from your office to the information, which means we take all responsibility for maintaining and backing up your records. Return to Top of Page
Compliance StandardsWe’re at the forefront of HIPAA compliance, which means your PHI and ePHI is safe with us and our subcontractors. One of the great benefits of going with PracticeAdmin is that we help protect you from HIPAA exposure.
- Physical barriers to data breach include our compliance policies to every one of our subsidiaries
- Electronic barriers to data breach include advanced encryption, auditing and a secured network with offsite backup to all of your ePHI data.